Oh No! Please Say It Ain't So!

I took the chicks back to preschool after taking them on a wild goose chase (he, he) to Kroger and then to Sam's. And I thought I had done the research. I told Barb this morning that I thought we had at least one rooster because of the size of his comb. The Neltner's (the vet and his wife, one of our assistant teachers, came to take them back to the farm. I have it all wrong! The chicks aren't even real chickens. They are Cornish hens. And it gets worse...don't tell them...but in three weeks they will be big enough to eat. If I had only known, I might have been able to keep them longer.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the pirate ship on a trailer! I am pretty sure that it is probably going to Cumberland!
Miss Yvonne said…
Yes, I love cornish hens!!! I have some great recipies. I could even pluck tham for you. Told you that pioneer woman thing ws for real!!!!
Miss Yvonne said…
It's pretty funny though that neither one of us could tell chicks for cornish hens. I figure they were just cute birds. Now I know what they look like before I pluck them form my grocer's freezer and put them on my grill!!

Popular Posts