Newest blooms

Like Aunt Leigh Ann, I love the smell of a good lilac. I wish I could count how many we have in bloom. They are small but their smell is mighty. And they all have just a little different color. I have never seen a pink lilac, so Leigh Ann you will have to take a picture and share it with all of us. Once again I was out dodging the raindrops to get a good picture of the iris. The yard is full of them. Papaw and Joe have been good suppliers. I will know if any of the ones we transplanted from WI make it or not because everything so far has been deep purple. We had several colors in WI. They were beautiful. And Ms. Yvonne reports that they are looking good again this year. I wish I had some pictures...hint, hint. Oh my red Rhodie. Mark and I made a midnight run to Wal-Mart the other night and came back with just a few things...mostly seeds but he managed to throw in a couple of flowers. This rhododendron is stunning...that is the only word I can think of. Absolutely stunning! I have no clue what kind of bush this is. So I will call it the little pink bush. Mark went around the yard pulling out all the bushes that did not survive the winter. We had to fill up the holes. This one is planted right off the end of the front porch, right behind the swing for all of you that have ever been able to relax on the front porch. Those were the easy things to tell about. Check out the next blog.

Comments

Popular Posts