In Between The Raindrops

There are several good things about all the rain that we have been getting...the grass is really green, the ivy is finally starting to grow back for the winter die out, the smell in the air is wonderful, and the plants seems to grow taller over night. Today after school, in between running the shuttle service to the track and back, I was able to wade in the yard to get a few new pictures....
I think it was last summer when Ms. Yvonne helped take out an ugly bush on the front corner of the house and we put in a trellis and two clematis. I have been carefully caring for this vine for two years and this year it shows its appreciation by giving us one bloom. I'll take it. I think we might actually get two this year.
Papaw asked me if we had any of the primrose that he sent blooming. I hadn't remembered them until I downloaded pictures to the computer tonight. Here they are in all their glory. I found about 5 more bunches. They spread like crazy! This time next year I will be trying to give them away.
When we first moved in I was checking out the yard and found these two clematis growing like a ground cover. I dug them up and then forgot I had dug them up until I found them dried up and in a pile of sticks. I soaked them in water and decided to plant them just to see what would happen. And look what happened...they came back to life sorta like a Resurrection plant. I love that they two color complement each other.
I do love these lilies. Mark bought them the other day when we were out checking out the garden centers near us. They are so vivid. I love them. I could have a yard just with these alone. Our WI yard had literally every color of the rainbow. I tried to bring some back to OH...I think maybe only two survived.
Mark bought these the same day. I can't remember if we knew what color they were or not. But I think I love the color. They don't seem to be as tall. But I am sure they will be just as pretty.
Last summer we tore out an old run down over grown bed. And when we did I took all the black eyed Susan's and threw them against the fence. And look what I am getting this year. They grow to about 3 feet tall and I am hoping we have lots of flowers because that corner of the yard needs lots of color...it is a little drab and dead looking.
I want to tell you that I searched all the mountains in WV to find just the perfect mountain laurel for our backyard but I can't. This one comes from Joe's yard, compliments of Papaw. It has been just green for two years. And now we have two blooms so far.
Mark, would you leave an answer to this questions in the comments....I have no idea what these are. They are planted out back by the wringer washer side of that back flower bed. I can't remember what they are called. I know that you will know....please don't just make something up that sound like a flower name. I really need to know.

Comments

Popular Posts