Future Yard Work

Mark informed me that this year we will be planting only zucchini and yellow squash. The rest of our vegetables will come from the farmers market down the road. I questioned him on this, "no peas?...what about lettuce, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, onions, cherry tomatoes...have you lost your mind?"Instead we are growing our perennials from seed. Yes, we are going to try to become growers. Mark's hope is to grow our own plants from seed to replenish our yard. Don't ask me why...I have no clue. We will be growing...
*zinnias
*Shasta daisies
*hollyhocks
*bee balm
*purple cone flowers
*Foxglove
*red hot pokers
*black-eyed Susan's
*snow in summer
This used to be where we had pole beans and peas and lettuce. Now is is just a yucky weed-free raised flower bed. I worked the dirt and then I couldn't find any string to make little squares so we could remember where we planted what...so I just used some of Michael's tape. In each of the squares I planted seeds. Then covered them each with 1/4 inch of fine soil. Then I watered and prayed over each one of the seeds. If this actually happens, it will really be cool. Do you realize how many flowers we can add to the yard..all for about $7.90? Let me just tell you, tons. Maybe the next thing we can add to the yard is a greenhouse. I've always dreamed of having one.

Comments

Anonymous said…
no! no! no! no green house!!!

Popular Posts