30th Mother's Day


It is so hard for me to believe but I have managed to survive 30 Mother's Days. Man, does that make me really sound old...but then again I am a Wammy...two times! I know this is my 30th because each year "my children" present me with a B&G Mother's Day Plate. Each year a different animal is featured. We always take guess as to what animal it is going to be. Emmy came the closest this year...she said that it was going to be some kind of bird. I have a special plate rack that holds a plate from the year each child was born. The current year is proudly displayed in the mantle. The rest are safely packet away waiting for me to figure out where to hang them...Michael and Sarah with mark's help were supposed to make me breakfast in bed. Michel was so excited that he forgot to wake Sarah up. I got up and took a shower an pt my clothes on and he made me get back in bed. Michael came to take my order...it was yummy, every last crumb!

Michael was even more excited about the gift that he made at school. I was not to even look at the bag when he brought it home on Friday. Boy, can he really keep a secret! I love the back of the bag...Michael's Mom...it made me laugh.And just look what was in the bag...a flower sun catcher. It matches the window stars perfectly. (And now I know that the window stars can be laminated, so tomorrow I will take mine to school and get all the ones in the classrooms and laminate them))
Sarah surprised me with a two page front and back Mother's Day letter. It was rather eye opening for me. She took a different slant on Mother's Day....something I had never considered. I will keep this letter with all the other really special things in the pages of my Bible. Every once in awhile I will pull the things out I have saved and reread them. This one is definitely a keeper. Thank you Sarah. Emmy and I would walk really slow by this booth at the Appalachian Festival...German roasted almonds/cashews/pecans...All I can tell you is that they are sugary cinnamon and really good. These are my newest addition to the flower beds...sandstone planters and candle holders. We found a guy that will drill me a hole in a rock any size for $20...instead of finding a grinding stone...but I have to drive three hours north to get him to do it. And with the price of gasoline right now...I think I might have to come up with plan C for my fountain. I'm sure that I can dream something up...just give me a little while.
So Mother's Day comes to a close with this Mom a happy camper. I was able to spend time with the kids that are close at hand. And I was able to talk to the other Mom in the family way out there in CO. And life is good!

Comments

Popular Posts