Finally a Dogwood


This tree.....another Charlie Brown tree.....has always been so straggly. Yesterday there was nothing. Then this morning it was in full bloom. When I took Ella out right before going to preschool, I caught a bright color in the side of my eye...beautiful! Mark figures that it has been so warm that it just popped out. I don't even think we got any blooms last year, just a bunch of misfit leaves. The third picture if you look at it bigger, the bloom in the foreground seems like it is in 3D. It is my favorite picture to date.
Legend is that the dogwood tree was used to make the cross. The center is the crown of thorns. It is in the form of a cross. The ends of each petal are stained with blood where the nails were driven in.
This is for Ms Yvonne...remember that poor climbing hydrangea that was on the side of the house facing your back door? Look what a little space and sunshine can do! Amazing! I can not wait until it blooms. I'll be sure to take a picture for you when that happens.
I have gone back and looked at the pictures in this blog. If you just look at all the pretty pictures you would think our yard would be like a botanical garden......NOOOOOO...it is a mess. I wish I had the kind of camera that takes panoramic pictures. You would see that we have a long way to go.This is just one look at a bed that needs lots of tender loving care. It is a mess. And I have noticed that the deer finally found the hosta. I guess I am going to have to figure out a way to put human scent around the edge of the bed...Michael had tons of hair....maybe one day we will be finished and our OH yard will looks just a little like our WI yard.

Comments

Popular Posts