Surviving 'White Death'

Holy Cow! Are we ever getting dumped on! Every time you watch the weather the accumulation numbers change. This morning I got a text from MHS letting me know that the HS would be letting out two hours early. I looked out the window...nothing on the ground. In my mind I said..."Are you kidding me?"This is what it looked like on my way to preschool this morning at 9AM. A little bit of rain, a little bit of snow, an little bit of this and a little bit of that. Traffic not bad...just about the same as every other morning commute.This is what the parking lot looked like at noon. Can you measure about 3 inches of snow? It was coming down fast and furious sideways! The temp dropped quickly and all the yuck from the AM was now frozen. I thought several times that I had a flat ...it was from running over the frozen slush. Just before leaving school I got a call from Sarah saying that school was going to be let out at 11:30...(it was 15 after 11). She managed to get a ride home with someone from the neighborhood. I called Renee to see if the boys were home safe and sound. They survived but on the way home she saw several cars in ditches and a garbage truck on its side.And here is a shot of Beechmont at 5 Mile Road...we were sitting forever. Finally I manage to make it to the entrance ramp to 275....But there are several cars on the guard rail and the guy in front of me is literally driving his little light weight pick-up up the ramp sideways. He comes within inches of side swiping the two ladies on the side of the road...by mere inches. I finally make it onto 275 and travel 35 mph tops. Cars are in all the ditches at the exit ramps...some even three car pileups. Usually I can make it to the bus stop from preschool in 20-25 minutes. Today it took me a little over an hour. But the good thing is that I was able to call and get an appointment switched to on the way home. Now the only problem I have is shoveling the driveway...I am stuck at the bottom. So I will just sit here and look out the window at 'white death.'

Comments

The Oakes said…
1:30 mountain time
55 degrees
park after nap time (skateboard included)
jackets worn but likely taken off

enjoy white death!
Katie R said…
1:42 Pacific Time
65 degrees :)

trying to get lesson plans done and glad the weekend is supposed to be gorgeous too!

Drink tea and cuddle with a good book or chick flick.... (while crocheting or kniting)Remember it is still winter.... and don't forget to set your clock forward...
leigh ann said…
I WANT SOME OF THAT WHITE DEATH!!!!!!! all we get is crappy ol' rain.
Oh Boy! I hope it's not like that in Louisville. I don't want to come home to that!
Teresa

Popular Posts