News from Sarah Beth...AKA...Gert

"New York
Monday, February 25, 2008

...Last week, I met with the neurosurgeon, the oncologist and the radiation oncologist. The course of action was to start chemo, which I did last Friday. The next step was to start whole brain radiation. I'm still not sold on WBR, but if that is what we have to do, then I'll do it. This week, we were able to get an appointment in New York at Sloan Kettering. We will meet with a doctor there Wednesday at 3:00. If he agrees with the course of action presented here, then we'll go ahead with WBR starting next Monday. He might also present us with some other options we can try as well. I am looking forward to meeting with him and seeing what he has to say. I love New York, so I'm excited to see the city again as well.

Last night at church we had a prayer service that was just awesome. I love my church family and am so grateful for them. They have shown me what it means to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

Thanks again for all your prayers. I'll be sure to update as soon as I know anything further.

:)
sarah
"

I have not spoken to her since her trip because I feel that maybe one more phone call might just push them over the edge. But I have talked to Aunt Leigh Ann. She told me that her doctor in NY basically came to the same conclusion that her doctor's at home feel is the next best course of action. So keep all of them in your prayers and I will let you all know if there is anything we can do to maybe lighten spirits somehow.

Comments

Popular Posts