Mail's In


Look what came in the mail for me today...my Garden Swap. Remember long time ago I told you all about this Garden Swap thing I was going to try. O MY GOODNESS! I feel like it is Christmas morning and my very dearest and closest friend has just given me all the things in the world that I love. Are you getting it that I am sooo thrilled! First, the packaging. How awesome is this (Emmy), she recycled a JCrew bag. A woman after my own heart! Save a tree! The next thing I opened was a tin of the most beautiful postcards I have ever seen. They are foil. Beautiful! I am making the list now of who I am going to send them to. (Tom, you are at the top of that list). Next, hmmmmm...a wind chime. You all know how I love my wind chimes. I have them hanging all over the porches and yard. My newest is right now hanging from the kitchen light. Every time I move in the kitchen I reach up and give it a little pat. I wish you could hear the sweet light sound it makes. Perfect. I'm going to go dig out a pot and plant the seeds she sent...'flower garden mix'. I already know where I am going to sit the pot...right outside the family room door on our little glass table. I can't hardly wait to see them grow. Last but certainly not least...there is a framed piece of needle work. I love it!!! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! The crewel work is framed by different pieces of faded vintage flower fabric. Can you say perfect! I already know where I am going to hang it. I plan to write her name and other info on the back so I won't lose touch. And to top all of these wonderful things off..there is a card...that will be in my Bible right after I finish this blog...well, maybe I will wait until Mark and Sarah come home so I can share it with them.
"In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful" Abram L.Urban Some of you know how I am when I am in the garden...burning off frustration and talking th God about things I just don't understand. How much more perfect could you get?
I emailed Gina to tell her that the package had arrived and how much I loved every single piece of it. I got the funniest email in return...I hope she doesn't care if I share it with you....

I am so shocked. You might ask why...If we had been lifelong friends, you could never have chosen gifts that were so perfect. I am a quilter...I love vintage fabrics. I am a cross-stitcher and of course a gardner. I have a yard full of wind chimes. I love them. And the post cards...I am known for sending cards to cheer people up. And the note with the quote. It will have a specail place on our blog.
I love everything...even the JCrew bag! Thank you from every cell in my body. I hope the person that has your name is as thoughtful. Now I am wondering about what I sent my swap buddy in AZ.

Thank you, thank you , thank you!


Hi,

I am soooooooooooooo thrilled!!!!!! I had so much fun picking out all of the goodies. That makes me so happy to know that you like all of them. I love the sampler. LOVE chimes and love postcards, so I thought maybe you would as well.
I was on the hunt for a ladder. It said you like ladders, but I couldn’t find a small one to mail.
I will be sure to check out your blog.
I haven’t gotten my goods yet.
I will let you know what I get.

ENJOY!!!!!


Can you imagine that..perfect! Wouldn't that have been a HOOT!

Comments

The Oakes said…
cool mom i love the little cross stitch thing. check out our new video.
hetty said…
Hi Wammy!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a great comment! This is great. Now I have a link to your blog, and I can peruse it at my leisure, which is what I am going to do now.

Popular Posts