More Crazies!

I know that you would not believe me when I tell you the next bit of information about weather in OH...I thought WI had some crazy weather but this has it all beat by a million miles. Rain, rain, everywhere. Puddles, ponds and everything overflowing. I was busy in the kitchen and happened to look out...it was snowing the biggest flakes that I have ever seen.......This is the scene I saw in the front yard...I wasn't the only one in disbelief...Ronda had Magic out taking a little stroll up the driveway out of the mud...she asked me if I thought the world was coming to an end.
Renee called and said that we should drive to town and see the river. We had to pick Sarah up at church so we just lest a little early and checked out the river. The police had almost all the roads blocked off. The water was almost up to the buildings. Most of the parking lots were full of water and there were a few cars that didn't make it out. I was amazed at how fast the water was running. We saw a huge tree hit the bridge. The power in the water is just amazing and scary. While watching it roar under the bridge I got the same feeling in my stomach that I got every time I went white water rafting.

FYI...Thanks to Peep and his sand shoveling expertise, I think we might be the only people on this side of the street with a dry basement. Thanks Peep! Knock on wood!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey there, I can't beleive with all that water your basement stayed dry!! Lucky you...we are finally dry down here. Have you named that pond yet?? c ya soon
Miss Yvonne said…
I'm amazed at the dry basement, especailly since I remember a year ago (is it that long already) that we were shoveling water away form the house.

Popular Posts