Patient Updates


I got an email from Chrissy and Louann this week. Chrissy says that she is doing fine. She has taken some time off from school to coordinate all her doctor’s appointments and chemo treatments. Sounds like she has everything under control…very confident that she can do this. Right now I think the most pressing issue is that Chrissy is starting to lose her hair and she can’t decide if she should cut it short or shave her head. Louann and Dale…well, they are a little different story. They want to be the ones to take care of their only child. I can see where they are coming from. It is so hard to be away from you kids when you feel like they need help. Multiply that by a million when your child is dealing with Lupus. I know that they will be surrounded by lots of angels and friends that would do anything.


Mamaw and Papaw are doing great. I have talked to them everyday since Thursday…gee, that’s only one day but it seems like I talked to them a ton. Yesterday Mamaw was having a little trouble with Sweet Pap doing what he is supposed to do…stay off his leg. Today I think he is doing a little better. Terry and Lisa stopped by with lunch for them today. Keith calls me everyday to give me an update on the cards that he has received. He always asks me who everyone is if he doesn’t recognize the names. He has decided that when it is his time to go…he is going to let me know so I can round up people to come to his funeral. He seems to think that not many people will be there. He is a hoot. Thanks so much for taking time to write a note and send a card. It means a lot to all of us.


Kate sent us an email at preschool and I could tell that she had been doing back flips. Her latest can showed no cancer in her body. She is in remission and a feels like a free woman. So much so that we are having lunch with her at the preschool on Tuesday…upstairs where there aren’t so many kiddie germs.


Sarah Beth is amazing beyond amazing! You need to check out her LoveYourGuts. She’s preachin’ once again. She is driving and feels like a freed animal. She is also taking a class at Marshall. And from the pictures I have seen…she absolutely looks wonderful. There is a sparkle back in her eyes and some pep in her step.


Michael seems to be o n the mend. He had no school today so he spent the day with me at preschool. He was a jewel. He took his water colors and painted a train crossing a trestle. Then he moved on to the leggos…you have to check out the blog entry about his day. But just now he told me that his left ear was hurting. I hope is it not the 6th ear infection in about 23 months. I’ll keep you posted. FYI...we now have an appointment at the doctor's office at 6:30PM.

We're back...another double ear infection, some funkie thing on his stomach brought on by the virus that has engulfed his body.

Comments

Popular Posts