Great Day!

The weather man kept telling us that we were going to get hit with a big storm around 7PM last night. I was looking for a Snow Day. Seems that everytime the weather man tells us we are in for a big storm...it somehow goes around us, never comes close...we hardly ever get the weather we plan for. But something in me said this could be a Snow Day. Wel,l mention Snow Day around here and I can't sleep the night before. I watched the news until around 1AM. Closings and snow emergencies all over the bottom of the TV screen. I couldn't sleep so I went down on the couch in the family room, opened up the drapes and stare out the door waiting for the big snow. It really never happened but we did get about 2 inchs with some freezing rain...what the hey...we all got a Snow Day! Mark has the next two days off and we are in hog heaven. This is what we woke up to. Not too much snow but the freezing rain is giving poeple a hard time on the roads. Ella and I snuggled back on the couch for some quiet time, but oh no...Mark came down and said he wanted some oats for breakfast...of which he never saw. I told him to go back up to bed and shut the door and watch TV...Ella and I wanted so sleep a little longer. No more than that came out of my mouth, then Sarah appears. Now this has always puzzled me....on days that she can sleep in she is up with the chickens...on school days you have to blow her out of bed with a stick of dynamite. When I finally rousted Ella off the couch for some breakfast...we needed a little trip outside first. It was deadly quiet and everything had a covering of ice on it. I am calling this picture the iced burning bush.
Mark and Sarah got busy shoveling our driveway and what was left of John's. They worked forever because the snow was crusty and really wet and heavy. They came in soaked. Michael was able to do all his favorite things...wear his jammies all day, wear his pirate hat while building with Leggo's MArs Mission. That didn't last too long because Luke came over and they went outside to play in the snow. Maybe I should rephrase that...the snow and the rain. They were drenched like rats when they finally came in. Michael immediantly stripped off in the garage and headed for a hot bathtub. I sent Mark and Luke up too. A little while later Mark came down all in a huff because he caught the boys squirting each other...the ceiling in the bathroom, with medicine sirenges. Sometimes he can be a party pooper. (opps, now we will probably have an "R" rating on our blog.) You might be wondering what I was doing with all this, with no one wanting me to do something, or no laundry to do....I was cooking up a storm. First I put on a whole chicken to make some of Papaw's Chicken and Noodles for dinner. And to go with that...how about some homemade rolls? Our kitchen never smelled better. Then just to push us all over the edge... how about some cinnamon rolls...All good things must come to an end...everyone came in and the house was full again with giggles, barking, and whining. And in all the hustle and bustle, Michael lost another tooth when biting into a piece of pizza. He is thrilled and can't wait to get his dollar from the tooth fairy. So I guess you could say that a great day was had by all!

Comments

The Oakes said…
your rolls look yummy and i love that picture of the boys!

Popular Posts