The Rest of The Story

I just thought you might be interested in the rest of the story....

"Mrs. Ellis,I was just getting ready to email you. The instructional aides that help out with buses got Michael off of the bus yesterday. He was sobbing and would not tell them his name or any information. They came down to my room and wanted to know if I could identify him. I said Michael come on in and he sat by me for a little while at carpet still upset and then just kind of snapped out of it. He caused minimal disruption and I think he realized he is not going to get a lot of attention crying. He had a great day after that! Sorry to hear his tooth got lost on the bus.Thanks for the info,Mrs. Sullivan"

Today we were all smiles getting on the bus and then again at noon getting off the bus...no blood and no found tooth. Maybe he was just testing the waters to see just how much he could be in control. I guess he knows now.

FYI...We were told to put a piece of paper in the students backpacks with all the important information...which we did when we got the letter back in August. Then last week we were told that the students did not need to wear their name tags anymore...just put them in the small pocket of the book bags...which we did also. I know how you get flustered when you have a crying, upset child, but....

Comments

Miss Yvonne said…
Yea, but couldn't they have checked his back pack for his name and class?!? Duh!! Glad to see he had a better day today. I remember one year when I taught seventh and eighth grade, we had a kintergardener who cried the entire first semester, every day, at the top of her lungs.
Miss Yvonne said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!!!!

Popular Posts