Another HOT day in the Big City

Michael and I have a new favorite show...Ice Road Truckers...trains are still number one on his hit list but Ice Road Truckers might come in a really close second. We watch one in the morning to get our day started and one to finish up the day after a bath and teeth scrubbing. It is so funny that he knows all the truckers by name and their nicknames. Today before it go too hot loaded the boys, their bikes and full ice cold water bottles into the van for a quick trip to the park for a little exercise, ie, energy-release-bike ride. While we were riding we came up with a name for our little group...The Bike Path Riders...sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully we will be able to do this for the next few days until school starts. This is my favorite part of the bike path. It is so cool back in there and you can hear all kinds of bugs and tree frogs if you listen. But with three boys all trying to be first and telling each other war stories...I just hang back a little so I can smell the roses. The boys have a new favorite spot...a hill that goes down into a big open field. That is where we take our water breaks too. They have to ride completely around the mile path. If they stop...no hill. If we make it around, they can ride the hill until they get tired. I love it...shade and water...makes my day.

Comments

Miss Yvonne said…
THat bike path looks so inviting. I can't wait to try it next summer.

Popular Posts