Another Exciting Day

If you are looking for excitement...just hang out at our house for a little while and see what happens. Today started out like a normal day...we even got to sleep in because of our late night last night. I finally got round to making zucchini bread...12 muffins, 4 small loaves and 5 large loaves. I think Michael would eat it if it were not in the freezer. While waiting for the bread to cool, I decided to walk next door to access the damage. I don't know how in the world the power company guys did it, but they cut the branches up with out damaging too much. Here is what is left of the main trunk. I can't imagine the wind being able to blow something over that is this thick...but it did. I told you that we had excitement...another transformer blew...in the same backyard. We called 911 and a police cruiser, a big red firetruck, and Duke Energy shows up. Two guys checked the lines, turned off our power and worked for a few minutes and then we were back in business.The kids all got something to ride and pretended that they were the fire department, the police department and Duke Energy coming to fix the problem. They have decided that this is a good thing because they always end up with Popsicles. To end the day I finally got all the pieces for Papaw's metals. Don't tell him it is going to be a surprise delivery and visit on Monday. He has been after me and after me to get these framed. I sure hope he likes the way they turned out.

Comments

The Oakes said…
paps thing looks really good. he is going to be carrying it around with him everywhere he goes. and mamaw is going to want pictures of it.
Anonymous said…
I love papaw's thing. It looks great.
Miss Yvonne said…
That's a fitting tribute, it looks great. The picture of the kids is adorable.

Popular Posts