Screaming for the Hot Tub!

This past week have been absolutely gorgeous. It even hit the low 90's yesterday! Summer must be right around the corner. My knees and back are screaming for the hot tub...I need to figure out how to pace myself better...but there is so stinkin much to do! And Mark keeps showing up with flowers that have to be planted.
Mark and I checked out every nursery within a thirty minute radius while Michael was in school. And Cassie this picture is for you...come home and we will find that free puppy you have been wanting...but it might come at a great price. Speaking of great prices..in all our travels we found some great buys....ended up with a van full of annuals. I have been planting them in all the galvanized bucks, clay pots and washing machines that can find. We like to place them in the yard to add a little bit of "fast color".The "kids" were all smiles and ready to get out and run! Ella has her own seat in the car...she usually just goes to sleep. Michael has decided that they look alike because they have the same eye color. "She just has two more legs and a tail". They are becoming fast best buds. Every morning when Michael gets up the first thing he does is look for Ella..."Momma, where is my precious puppy?" He is very responsible with her...walks her, takes her outside when she needs to go, tells me when she is doing something that she shouldn't do, loves to make her sit and give her treats...he just loves her to death. Sarah still likes her best when she can wrap her in a quilt and hold her while she is sleeping. It is all that awake puppy time that drives her crazy. I have even caught Mark holding her when he is watching TV. So I guess she is going to be a keeper.
Today is a day of firsts...this is the first iris that has bloomed..
We have several others that are just about ready to pop open. I love the deep color. The only real problem is...I can't remember if it is one that was here, or one we brought from WI, or one from my Dad, or one from Mark's Dad...it is just beautiful!This is the first crop of broccoli. I'd say we didn't do too bad. There are several more heads but they are just not quite ready. Maybe by next week we can have some broccoli and cauliflower salad. YUMMMMMM!

Comments

Miss Yvonne said…
I know where you can get a hop tub cheap. We'll bring it down and pour the slab. I love the Iris's. Mine aren't even near tall enough to start thinking about blooming. I can relate to the aches. Been weeding all week.
Anonymous said…
well I hope you are not very hungry because I don't think that broccoli is gonna fill you up!

Popular Posts