Slight Storm Damage
Our bell, which has been standing since the first week we moved in here some 20 years ago, broke. I think I know a guy who can fix it.
The wind pushed it right over.
Our low spot filled up and drained a few times.
Some small black walnut limbs down in the front yard. And it looks like it rained green black walnuts.
A few small limbs from the old oak in the backyard. I always hold my breath during storms and pray that no limbs fall through the roof.
We were extremely lucky. No damage. We have had power this whole time. Some families have used our house as a recharging station for their phones, a cool place to sit and work remotely, and some have been able to share some meals with us. We have been a shelter in the storm. And I know if the shoe were on the other foot, these families would take care of us.
Comments