They Were On Their Own For This One

 

I was shaking in my shoes just thinking about what they were about to do.

Ellis looking for handholds.

Alaire makes sure that her big brother is safe on the rocks.

He got a little higher but couldn't make it to the top.

Alaire gave it her best shot.  She said that it was super hard!


Right over the edge!

And there he goes.

It looks like she might be a little nervous.

She conquered her fears.

  
I'm sitting here just shaking my head!  Never!

While they were 'on the ropes' we found a little General Store.  I saw the signs and we HAD to stop.

It wasn't all fun and games.  Pappy and I spent the next hour or so sitting in our lawn chairs in some stranger's yard while said stranger, the mechanic, put a new alternator in the truck.  That will take the wind out of your sails and the dollars out of your pockets.

Report from Ellis and Alaire...it was fun but really hard.  Their arms hurt so bad that Ellis had trouble getting the door of the fridge open.  Alaire spent a few hours in the hammock when we got back to the cabin.

Comments

Popular Posts