My Favorite And Not So Favorite Day

 I get excited about white water.  These two once again weren't sure about what was about to happen.

I wish I could have gotten some of the pics and the video that they offered.  It was a great day to be on the river.  Hot outside.  Sun beating down.  Perfect water. And our guide is one of the best.  I might be a little partial.
About halfway through the day, we pulled over for lunch.  It was a four-course lunch with banana pudding cake for dessert. And it was on a really nice beach.  The guides pulled it all together and cleaned it all up and you would not have ever known we were there.
We were able to get out of the raft and float in the calm pools and Ellis and Alaire jumped off two giant rocks and floated feet first down a rapid.  We slid up on a rock with the raft.  We went down backward on a few rapids and on purpose filled up the boat with water when we paddled on purpose straight into the rapid.  Literally, we were sitting in water inside the raft.  I thought we might die right then and there.  I kept yelling at our guide...Andrew Michael Sullivan, that is enough!!

That sweetheart in the middle was our guide, Sully.  I have known him since he was knee-high to a grasshopper.  Seriously a long, long time.
He took great care of us.  He made sure I didn't have to do a thing.  It was the best day ever! So if you ever have a chance to visit Adventures On The Gorge to go white water rafting please ask for Sully.  He will make your day!

Lots of love in this picture.  He's the best!

And now we come to the worst part of the day.  Let me just say...I was hot.  I had downed two bottles of water and a Pepsi.  It was later and I was hungry.  I was riding in the backseat (which I know not to do) so Ellis would have more room.  I can take the WV curvy roads but not on this day.  We almost made it home when I signaled Alaire to tell Mark to stop the truck.  I was going to hurl!
I'm not sure who took the video (which is too graphic to share) but Alaire did swing into Mom-mode.  She handed me my water, asked if there was anything she could do, and then helped me into the house.  I was okay after about a 45 minute nap and so dizzy meds.

Still I would rank this day as the best day yet!

Comments

Popular Posts