Eastside Chili and Dessert Cook-Off

 

Mark and I look forward to this night every year.  Mark trash-talks all year long because you know that he will have the best chili...in his brain anyway.

I had a bad allergy week so I opted to make some chicken noodle soup because the spices in Mark's chili always do me in.

I tasted one spoonful of his masterpiece and I have to say it was mighty tasty.  He threw in a secret ingredient this year...skunk. (JK)

As you can see I was runner-up in 2021.  I believe that this was the last year we had the cook-off because of COVID.  Erin Milligan and I tied that year.  Totally unexpected.  If I remember right I made Linda Cumming's Apple Crisp.

This year I made Key Lime Pie.  I actually made two.  The one in the cobalt blue pie dish was a little tart.

I like mine really tart.  So I made another one the way I like it.

And I added some homemade whipped cream and topped it with some lime zest and a fancy slice of lime.   Just a little zhuzh to make it stand out for the judges.  It was so pretty!
And zhuzh is a word...Google says so...'to make something more stylish, lively, or attractive'.  I have used that word since I was knee-high to a grasshopper and everyone always makes fun of me...go figure.  So take that ya'll!

I was excited that Bailey Rae and her parents came for the fun.  Zach and Marney sat with the Wammyville youngsters and Bailey Rae came back and forth between the tables  I bet she walked 5 miles that night.

Well, will you look at that!

I have my certificate on display on the inside of the kitchen cabinet so every time you need to get a glass or coffee cup you (Mark) can see it.

Just to be fair and so I won't have to hear Mark whine around here is proof that he did win and that our table won the Trivia for one night.







Comments

Popular Posts