The Votes Are In

 For the last several years we have taken our two oldest grandkids, Ellis and Alaire, on some kind of adventure.  They have camped in all but three of the 14 states that make up the Appalachian Trail.  The first-year Mark and I did those on our own...not as much fun.  This year we drove to Estes Park, CO, and visited the Rocky Mountain, National Park.  To make it a little more exciting we decided that we would have a photo challenge.  Each day we would try to get our best shot, known as the Money Shot.  We then posted them to a family thread and had family members vote on what they thought was the best shot.  That first day I made the mistake of telling who took what shot.  I learned my lesson.  So from then on, there were no names attached to the photos and I asked my Facebook friends to vote.  Not that made it very interesting.  Thanks to everyone who voted and it made our little game more interesting.  We would check vote totals every time we had service...which was very spotty, to say the least.

So here are the shots and the winners. 

DAY ONE

Alaire's sunset.

Ellis's Bear Lake

My majestic elk.

Mark's group selfie.
(I am not a happy camper.  I am used to being in a tent and bringing all my own stuff and I like knowing where said stuff is.  I got used to it in a few days)

And the winner is...
1st place...the elk with 83 votes
2nd place...sunset with 29 votes
3rd place...lake with 10 votes.
4th place...selfie with 8 votes.

DAY TWO

 
Ellis's stream

Alaire's snow on Trail Ridge Road.

Mark's look into the valley.

My moose.

The winner...

1st Place...Ellis with 54 votes.
2nd place...Mark's valley with 19 votes.
3rd place...my moose with 11 votes.
4th place...Alaire's snow with 4 votes.

DAY THREE

Mark's reminder of when we were an 'emergency vehicle' when we took a wrong turn.

My shot of Alaire stuffing her face with BBQ.

Alaire's big rock.

Ellis's campfire 

Winner for day three...
1st place...campfire with 72 votes.
2nd place...rock with 12 votes.
3rd place...was a tie with 11 votes.

DAY FOUR

Mark's young moose

Treetops by Ellis.

Sunset by me.

Big elk by Alaire.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...
1st place...my sunset with 75 votes.
2nd place...Elk by Alaire with 24 votes.
3rd place...trees by Ellis with 16 votes.
4th place...Mark's moose with 6 votes.

DAY FIVE

My mountain stream.

Ellis overlooking Lilly Lake.

Mark's valley pano.

Alaire's cairn by the stream.

Today's champion is...
1st place with 66 votes is my stream.
2nd place with 13 votes is the cairn by Alaire.
3rd place with 11 votes is Mark's pano.
4th place with 10 votes is Ellis's view. 

DAY 6

I can not pass up an animal in the wild!

And Alaire can't go without making a cairn.

Mark's awesome pano of part of the mountain range.

Ellis seems to love mountain reflections.

The Last Day Winners...
1st place...Ellis's reflection with 45 votes.
2nd place...my moose with 38 votes.
3rd place...Alaire's cairn with 11 votes.
4th place...the pano by Mark with 8 votes.

WINNERS ACCORDING TO DAILY TOTALS

Wammy by two votes at 209.
Ellis is a close second with 207.
Alaire came in with 93 votes.
Mark holding on to a strong 63 votes.

GRAND CHAMPION

stream

river

campfire

elk

sunset

reflection

Comments

Popular Posts