Rock Painting Season

 It is that time of year when we gather the troops to paint rocks that we hide in the backpacks that the students in our community will receive through Milford Miami Ministries.

Grab a backpack from your favorite store and fill it with school supplies.

I think we have gotten a little spoiled by these smooth rocks that Hobby Lobby carries.  You can buy a huge bag of rocks from one of the big box stores (like we did in the beginning) but they are rough and all shapes and sizes.  Remember I said we have become spoiled to these smooth just the right shape and size rocks.

These are my favorite paint pens.  You can order them from Amazon.  They come in all different tip sizes.

The clear spray sealer...this is my new go-to.

These rocks have all been painted sitting around the school table by lots of different painters.  And we are thankful for everyone.


Bridgit painted like a mad woman.

And Shannon is amazing with her details.

Ava and Tammie spent some time around the table too.

Pinterest is a great resource for ideas!

The Zimmerman's came to paint one afternoon.  Amanda is very talented.  She could take a scribble and make it into something that was amazing.


Sometimes  I get carried away while listening to my book and look up at the clock and it is 3AM.

I dug out every single rock in my possession.  I might have gone out after dark with my headlamp and combed the backyard for rocks.


I was even able to recycle a few rocks that we painted when Murph had his heart attack.

I just painted a little black swipe over the words and then we were good to go.

To my amazement...the Rock Fairy dropped off a bag of those awesome Hobby Lobby rocks.  Thank you, Nancy!

These are smaller than usual but I got 'er done!

I took a little time out to fill a special request from Connor and Carly Rae.  They are headed on vacation soon.

Today I have received texts from painters I didn't even know were painting.

Tammie has had a few kidless hours.

My sweet friend Josie is loving this crafty idea.  Her dad told me at church on Sunday that she was so invested!



Ronda says she is really loving her new found pleasure.  So relaxing is what I think she said.

So far in my possession, there are 291 rocks.  Hopefully, by Aug 1 we will have all 500 finished and be ready to roll.

Thanks in advance to everyone that has helped out in any way.  I know they will be a big hit!

Comments

Popular Posts