Mountain Get Away

At the last funeral in Huntington, we decided (well, maybe my Mark decided) that we should all get together and take a trip.  You know a real live memory lane kind of thing.

So we did!  Last weekend we all meet on a mountain top in TN.

 
Mark Napier put together our first game...Who Lived Here?

It was fun.  But not so fun to see what the little house looks like now.  MAde me sad.


And then there was The Tim Tam Slam!

delish

Backporch sitting and catching up.

just chit-chatting

The girls too at least one walk a day.  You can barely see the roof of our cabin.

And here we are on one of our hikes.

The whole crew!

The men!

rock painting

Uncle Mark drew our and our house on Grand 
Blvd.

finished products

Last walk of the day.  We could see down into Pigeon Forge.

Roger making his famous Whirly Pop Popcorn.  It was delicious.

We ventured into town for a bit.  There was a Lodge Cast Iron store and lots of tool stores.

We had lunch out.  Big mistake.

Ron might have been resting his eyes.

While we were in town we did a little thing.


Ahhhh the life.

The hammock was even better!

I could do this all day long!

Roger and Carol taught us a new card game.  He thought it was going to be easy...ha!  It is called 3-13

Does anyone have a clue?

The Freeze Dance

We also played the "Oldlywed" Game which was a riot.  I never thought that Carol Adams would cheat!

We had to leave and get back home but not until we braved the traffic and took a little side trip.


Standing here we could see three states...KY, TN, and VA.  Who knew you could do that?


The entire time we were gone I was looking for a bear.  I didn't care what kind it could have been a garbage bear or a backcountry bear.  Nope, not a single sighting.  So I bought myself a little one for the kitchen.

What a great weekend.  I have laughed until I cried and probably wet myself more than once.  These people are nuts and I love them dearly.  So glad we all were at Beverly Hills Baptist together.  So glad our kids all grew up together.  So blessed to have them all...even the crazy ones, and you know who you are...as part of our family.  
Until we meet again...










 

Comments

Popular Posts