Fun Labor Day

 I love a good fishing hole.  Found out the Melissa Hess's parents live in a logs cabin (my favorite) and they have their own pond.  I was in seventh heaven!!!

Before we even got there they were pulling them in left and right.

Not even 10 minutes into our little adventure, Ollie pulls in this hunk of catfish.

It was so big that it broke Ollie's pole and it took two adults to remove the hook.  

I'm telling you a monster!

I tried my best.  I had my poles rigged up with the Dickie method. I had extra poles.  I had a can of corn and stinky bait but all I caught were a few nice bluegills.  And then all of a sudden a creature from the deep lagoon hit my bait and I got it right to the edge of the pond and then my line snapped.  Well. we think my knot wasn't very well tied.  He was huge!!!!  

But I did manage to land this little beauty!  I love to fish and I usually don't care but losing a big one really stings.

Melissa's dad even got in or the less than whopper size.

June loves being able to run.  She ran back and forth from one side of the lake to the other then crashed on Jay's lap.  She is such a sweet dog!

But we did manage to catch some great creatures.  I think this is a caterpillar of a Spicebush Swallowtail.

a froglet

Me waiting and hoping for a second chance for the big one!

I got a tour of all the flower beds and the raised bed vegetable gardens.  I found some flowers that I didn't know.



And to beat all...we had gas station chicken and all the fixings for lunch!  I've never had gas station chicken but now I have and it was delicious.

Thanks for having us and I hope to catch that big one someday!






Comments

Popular Posts