Let The Christmases Begin

 I thought Emmy was just dropping off her gifts.  Little did I know that we were having Christmas on the front porch with 'The Vanders".  The Varatta are the Verada's and the Manders combo. 

I am calling this the Hoden Beach Christmas Party.  You see the kids, PJ, Ernie, Saffi, and Fiona all went to Holden with us the last time we went.  They haven't stopped talking about it. Neither have we!


Caroling in the cold rain.

Check out the Christmas attire...fancy hats and festive glasses!  It took me a moment to figure out who all the crazies were in our front yard.

Then it began. Pappy always lets me open the gifts.  And I love it!!

There is a story behind this chair!  One day about mid-week the kids needed to do something during the day...AKA Emmy needed some adult time. So we sent them on a Scavenger Hunt.  There were rules and limitations.  Long story short, Ellis came back with a chair that he found in the ocean that looked really similar to this one.  Fast forward to Christmas...PJ knew exactly what we wanted to give us...a new blue chair!  Greatest thing ever!  It's a really nice chair.  Huge pocket in the back for all your stuff, lays back, drink holder, clips together for storage and it had backpack straps for easy carrying.  And an awesome headrest.  I see myself in this for long periods of time looking for sea turtles.

Saffi made us a new ornament.

Pappy got some trout pate, hummus, and salsa, and crackers to go along with it all.

Not pictured is a brand new in the box never opened blow-up mattress.  Story behind it too.  I gave Emmy a mattress for one of the kids and it didn't have the plug and I just told her to duct tape it.  I'll never live that one down.

I love sea turtles.  I think everyone gets tired of hearing me spout my knowledge.  But I do love it.  I saw in FB one day where you could adopt a turtle and track it.  Sign me u NOW.

And they did!  We (all the Holden Beach Crew) all have a sea turtle!  I named here Holdie (for Holden Beach) Hope (her given name). She is an adult female leatherback.  She was last observed nesting on Juniper Beach in Florida.  She is pretty big...63.9 curved shell, carapace in turtle language and she is 48.8 inches wide.  I am proud to say that she is taking part of the 2020 Tour de Turtles.

I checked this morning and she has traveled 4,490 miles and a max speed of 1.31 mph.  They have been tracking her for 213 days.

I thought she might be headed to Andrea in Fortaleza, Brazil but looks like she has taken a turn.  Holdi is going to keep me busy for sure.

Here she is...Holdie Hope Ellis.

I'll be doing some research on the 2020 Tour de Turtle and giving you an update

Comments

Popular Posts