Shock Of The Day

I'm minding my own business.  I sitting at the kitchen table cutting out pages of things for Eastside Kids when some random guy comes into my kitchen and says Mark said for him to come in and ask for a donation for the Chicago Police Department...I sort of recognized the face but that was all.  Nothing he said was registering with me.  He never smiled, broke character or anything.  I know I knew him from somewhere but can't place him.  All of a sudden Hannah Bell (that's what I have always called her) sticks her head around the kitchen wall.  I was in shock!  I couldn't move!  I cried!  We hugged!  A lot!  
(I'm just so thankful that  didn't have on my comfy clothes)

Could we smile any bigger!?

Hannah Bell is my WI  'sister' Joy's daughter.  Hannah was Sarah's first friend in WI.  We went to church together.  We lived about a block apart.  They would come over to pie.  The Bresson's are a fun bunch.  NEVER a dull moment!

Hannah and Will haven't been married very long.  We didn't get to go to the wedding but have seen lots of the pictures and heard lots of the stories.

Hannah swears that she enjoys reading now because we had a little summer reading club.  Hannah is now a Chicago Police Officer...never did that enter my mind as something she would EVER do.  She and Will have started fostering paperwork in motion.  So many wonderful things ahead for them.

I am thankful that they were on their way home from Lexington, KY and decided to swing by for a few hours.  We got to go to dinner with them...Cazadores of course.  It was a great visit.  I just wish it could have been longer!

Comments

Popular Posts