Doing Lots Of Listening

Seems I am past trying to read before going to bed...I tend to fall asleep after the first page.  So better than that I listen to books on my phone through Libby or Hoopla.  The great thing is I can set a timer to go off in 30 minutes so I don't miss any.  One problem, sometimes I wake up with only one earbud in my ears.  No problem just shake the covers and they usually literally pop up.

When do I find time to listen with a house full of yahoos and a yard full or animals not to mention mouths to feed.  Anytime I have chores like laundry to fold, garage to clean out, yard work to do, walks to take, (because Mark is a faster walked than I am), painting rocks in the wee morning and always before falling asleep.

You may be wondering how I come up with the books I choose.  On our seems like weekly trip to Costco I look at the covers of the books and if the cover looks interesting I snap a pic and then see if either Libby or Hoopla have it available.


I usually don't like nonfiction but this one kept my interest from the first page until the last.  I heard Mike Rowe talking about it on FB about a month ago.





One of the Wammyville Mom's is in a book club of sorts at school and she turned me on to this one.

I have only 5 chapters to finish and I am hoping I can have this one complete by the time the yahoos come back from Spring Break on Monday.  Then I don't know what I will listen to.



Comments

Popular Posts