We've Been Lots Busier Than It Looks

This year was a little different for all of us.  A little sad.  This is the first Christmas in 30 years that we have not loaded up and traveled to WV just in time to attend the Candlelight Service at BHBC/New Baptist.  I missed hugging and crying.  I missed singing and listening to Silent Night and holding my candle.  I missed standing in the back of the sanctuary and hugging everyone when they went past. 

Cassie and her crew made it on Christmas Day afternoon and we didn't stop until they left on whatever day it is today.  I really can't tell you what day of the week it is.  All I know is that my fat pants are way to tight and the fridge is full to overflowing.

This is our version of Christmas jammies...black loungers...ninja black.

My dad always made sure that we had meat try when we came to his house.  So, of course, we had to have a small one in his honor.  We usually had Gino's pizza too but we couldn't pull that one off.

We ate a huge Christmas dinner and opened gifts.  Then I think we all went to bed.  We missed Bryce and his family because they were on their annual trip to FL with the Marini's.  And Porche and Isaiah were missing because she had to work.

These two...I am going to put them out on the front porch.  Every single time they think I am not looking they pull the wool quilt from under the tree and sleep on it.

Emmy made sure that we had lots of board games to play.  And they all were fun!

Ellis and Alaire had a few hours of skating.



Sam found Santa!

We went to see Mary Poppin's with the Manders (check out those recliners), then had dinner at Alladin's.

Our Saffi was born in Cincinnati and the little Saffi was born in Guana.

Tonight we were going to have a pickle tasting but it turned into a cheese tasting.

There are a million more things that we did to make new memories and traditions.  We had a great time as always.  Cassie and crew are on their way home.  Mark is in bed getting better.  Michael seems to be feeling better also.  The dogs are snoring under the kitchen table.  I'm doing laundry and dishes. In a minutes after finishing this blog, I am going to be sitting in the dark looking at the Christmas tree listening to my book.  I am exhausted.  But a good exhausted.

Comments

Popular Posts