Unexpected Hike

Emmy and I got up early Sat morning to go to WV to meet Lyla.  The drive takes 2.5-3 hours depending on who is driving and what cars are on Rt 73 (affectionally known by our family as Portsmouth Road).  Of course on this day the car in front of us was going about 40 MPH.  It drives me crazy because there are not too many places to pass.  So...for about 28 years we have traveled this same road and passed this same forest station.  Always saying we would stop...I have always thought there this would be a great place for bears to live.  I always look for them when we pass.  Emmy suggested we pull over and hike to let this slow driver get off the road.  Sure, let's do this!




First creature...a squished dead snake.

This is where we were headed.

This is where we came from.

This was the most spectacular tree!!  I'm thinking ti was a mighty oak.

Working on my new photography skills.

Emmy found this little creature.

We found some pretty big acorns.

We almost stepped on this little toad.

The tiniest littlest toadstool/mushroom on the planet.

Emmy stopped a big white sycamore.

More little things.

At the end of our hike, we left our walking sticks for the next hikers.

Last creature...I think cicada shell.

Comments

Popular Posts