Long Time To Wait

It seems a long way down that hallway when you are waiting to hear a lullaby on the overhead speakers signaling that a baby has been born.  I can only imagine how long it seemed to Molly and Zack.  Robin, Kenny, Zack's mom and dad, Dustin and later Zack's grandparents were all waiting.  We were all waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

Molly was to report to the hospital Sunday morning by 6am for her induction.  24 HOURS later Lyla Jean Abbott entered the world.

All 9 pounds and two ounces and 20 inches of her.  She needed a little jump start so they took her to the NICU for a little help.  She didn't need to stay long.

All that time I waited and I had to leave around midnight to make it back home for the yahoos on Monday morning. So all my pictures are 'second hand'.  Just wait until I visit, I'm taking my good camera and taking a million shots.  You will be sick of seeing them!

So to celebrate I had the last ding dong in the box and a cup of French press coffee in my Huntington mug.   It seemed lonely fitting.

I might have been a little tired!  I left Huntington around midnight and got home 2:45AM.  I got to sleep until 7AM.  Talk about walking wounded!  Good thing Pappy can hold Wammyville together!

Uncle Dusty


Mom and daughter matching jammies!

Out for a little stroll and exercise with Nanny.



Zack is a GREAT dad.  I think he has changed about every diaper while they have been in the hospital.


Robin sent me this one tonight.  All the text said was...'she was watching me.'  Look at those cheeks!  It is all I can do not to jump in the car and drive three hours to love on this little bundle of sweetness and drive back.  

Comments

Popular Posts