A Busy Saturday

Last weekend was a big weekend.  Lots of things going on.  Let me begin at the beginning.


I have had plans to go home last weekend for some time.  Calls have been made and appointments had been made.  Robin and I were going to spread our parent's ashes in special places around Huntington.  Now add a visit to see the ladies at Wyngate and a pregnant, ready to go any day, niece.  A roller coaster ride of emotions for sure.

I get to Robin's a little after dark on Friday.  I have a room at her house...it's called Dustin's old room...AKA...new baby's room.

Saturday morning Kenny fixed a huge breakfast.


Then we were off to Wyngate to see the ladies and 'plant some flower seeds from my yard and ashes.
Once we got to the front of the building Stitch knew exactly where she was.  She went right in and laid down under the table in her spot.  We planted the seeds right outside the window behind where my dad sat every day that he lived at Wyngate.  Hopefully, in the spring the flowers will come up and they will remind the ladies of my dad.  I think someone promised to take a picture.

We got lots of hugs and pats.  I sure do miss these people.

I really need to go more often.  Sure wish I lived closer.  I hope they save me a room down the road.  We even got to meet the sweet lady that has my dad's room.  She told
us that they just took Stitch's ramp away this week.  There may have been lots of tears...happy and sad.

And I was told that they needed new license plates.  I'll have to get on that when I have a free minute or two.

Robin went back home to rest and I decided to get something done around town.

My friend Connie fixed up my dad's Marshall stone.  It was missing a few pieces of glass.  Connie replaced those for me and fixed it up so I could put it in the yard.  She said she thinks that this one was one of the images from the 1970's.  So it is pretty old.  

I then drove around Huntington and I might have dropped a few ashes along the way...INCO, Hospice House, The Locks on the Ohio River...our nest trip we will get all the places that I missed on this trip.

I might have had to stop for lunch at Stewart's.  On the way back to Robin's I stopped by to see Ms. Connie (Finally found her house, only a few streets from Robin's).  Picked right up where we left off last time I saw her.  She got me a shirt...

I love it!

Everything after that is a blur!  Sunday was a big day that started out really early.




Comments

Popular Posts