Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

We got an early 'Christmas' gift today!  I took my dad to radiation this morning like we have been doing for the last four weeks.  I was encouraging him telling him that he only had five days after today.  The nurse heard me and said wow!  I said we were going to be doing the happy dance next week.  Ringing that bell!  In just a little bit she can back into the waiting room and said, "I hate to burst your bubble but tomorrow is your dad's last treatment!'  I was blown away.  I didn't believe her.  She went back in to do what she does and then I saw her walking my dad to the bathroom.  I jumped up and went to her and told her that we skipped a week and needed to make it up.  She said nope.  She had talked to Dr. Sharma and he said 30 treatments and tomorrow was #30!  I would have loved to have seen my dad's face when she told him.

So, he doesn't know it but tomorrow after he rings that bell he will walk into Wyngate to a little surprise congrats party with part of his village.  He will probably not like it much and I might be in some kind of big trouble...but I think it is important to mark the end of this adventure with some of the people that have gotten us through it.

And you know there will be lots of tears and lots of pictures!  So if you are in the Proctorville area around 10:30ish come see us!                                 

Comments

Popular Posts