I Got A Call

I was somewhere around Ironton when I got a call from my sister that the ambo was on the way to pick up my dad...meet her at the ER.  Well, I beat them to the ER.

I was at the ambo door before they opened it.  You should have seen the look on my dad's face.  He was so cold, shivering

I can't remember the number of blankets he finally ended up with.

Nothing like a good nap while you are waiting for all the results.

It has been a week.  Sunday's visit to the ER.  Mondays visit to chemo, which has now been canceled, forever.  His body just can't take it.  He needed to stay for a few hours of hydration.  Headed for radiation.  After talking to that Dr decided that he should stop for the week and then re-eval if he should finish the 5 weeks.  He is so weak.  So today he sleeps and I catch up on all then things that have been put on the back burner...his laundry and blogs.  Stitch and I are getting to watch a little TV, nap, and enjoy our potty breaks outside in the warm weather here.  My ears are always turned to the bedroom and the pattern of his breathing.


Stitch is the best Service Dog ever.  She knows when he needs a little extra bit of TLC.


Comments

Popular Posts