Always Fun On Thursday

Thursdays...our new normal...Robin will be taking him to radiation on Thursdays and talking to the doctor.  I have the Monday run to the hospital with blood work, radiation and chemo.  The rest of the month his two sisters and Wyngate will be helping us with treatment transportation..

I'm telling you right now...WE (because the nurses take care of us too), hands down, have the best nurses, not the planet.  Not to mention doctors!!!  And with my dad, that is half the battle.  If he believes in someone, he will do whatever they ask him to do.  this will be my all time favorite picture of our journey.

He has to come to radiation with a full bladder.  It has been a challenge...sometimes it is not full enough and sometimes it is too full.  Here is is going in after radiation.

Ahhh, and coming out.

Thursdays are big days 'at the old people's home'...his words, not mine.

I love it.  They have popcorn and drinks.  All the chairs are pushed up close to the 
TV.  Sling Blade.

A visit with old friends from N. Queens Court and they brought chocolate milkshakes. Bill is my oldest friend on the planet.  Old not in age but old as in friends knowing each other for a long time.  We have known each other since we were about 3 years old.  I'm going to miss this jewel of a person when he retires and moves to TX to be close to his daughter and her family.  I had to get one last BIG hug in, just in case I miss him when he moves.  I think both of us ended up crying just a bit.

The three Mayors of N Queen's Court.  Billy, my dad, and Billy's brother, David.  

Comments

Popular Posts