Made My Day...My Week

I love it when I go to the mailbox and I see an envelope with the return address that says Guess Who?  I know it is from my Amish family now in MO.  Lizzie doesn't have much time to write because she has a lot of kids to tend to and a CSA they are getting off the ground from scratch.

We try to communicate at least once a month.  I save every single letter and drawing that they send!  They are so very special to me.


I cried when I saw the cow by Moses.  Love the detail.  It wasn't until later that I realized that it just wasn't a drawing...there was a message inside.  I think it was written by Anna...

Drink you tea
Think of me
Drink it hot
Forget me not.

Just a few bit of the letter...

They just had church at their house.  The CSA is coming along slowly.  Lizzie was canning 6 bushels of peaches.  Another 6 bushel of pears to can also.  A half acre of tomatoes to pick, 1/8 an acre of peppers, and some okra.  She also needs to get the onions ready to sell.  Anna is in the 4th grade and Dennis has made it to the second grade.  Anna loves school but Dennis misses being at home.  Her parents will be passing through and will drop off one of Lizzie's sisters for a visit.  They are all excited about that.  Thomas, the baby is trying to cut molars so he isn't very happy.  And I love that she asked about our little farm.

I sure miss my trips to the 'old' Cedarmore Farm.  Those sweet faces and Andy and Lizzie laughing at the crazy English lady.  Someday I'll make it to MO I am sure of it!

Comments

Popular Posts