Setting The Record Straight

Just to clarify!  I have had my drivers license since I was 16 years old.  A few years ago ( let's say 2) my license expired.  Oops!  Found out that there is a 6 month grace period.  Well, long story short, if you go past that 6 month grace period you have to begin at square one.  That means taking the written test again...passing it and then taking the road test again.  So tomorrow my 6-month temporary license expires.  Today was the last day for me to take the test.  I scheduled it for 8:15 AM hoping to be the first in line.  Lots of 16 year old already at the computers taking the written test.  Things are a lot different that 45 years ago in Huntington on Rt 60 in the basement of the State Police Barracks. We used a pencil and paper and parallel parked between the  orange barrels at the top of the hill in front of the old barn.  Remember it like it was yesterday.  Anyhoo...I took it and passed with flying colors (take that family)!!!!!

Had the nicest officer!  He said one funny thing...'we don't do the parallel parking test anymore'.  Was he in a round about way saying I was old?

Comments

Popular Posts