Day One Begins and Ends With Rain.

This is what you get when you have a 13 year old scout. just back from Scout Camp and up early two days later...a little nap before breakfast.

Hmmm...should I really go the way that GPS tells me or should I just follow my nose?

We all left early so we could explore the area before hitting the road running.  But first we had to have lunch in Nashville, IN.

11 rowdy campers ready for some food and fun.

BFF's

Best Buds!

Crazies!
 
Of course I am looking at all he flowers and such.  Love this one.

A stop at the candy store.  Yum!  I got some kookaburra licorice from Australia.

This is the way we travel these days.

We saw lots of rain.  Rain for as far as you could see.

Waiting until 3PM to get the keys to the 'cabin'.  What do you do with six full of energy, let's get out of the car kids...got to the State Park and ride bikes in the rain.





All but one little yahoo, with a broken arm.  Good thing she has a waterproof cast!

Turkey Ridge tiles

This is the original farmhouse.


And this is the new and improved 'cabin' of today.

And a barn...oh I have died and gone to heaven.

First things first...Bocce in the rain.

Keeping out of the rain and warm with my rice bag.

Fishing was the number one rated activity.  I think if it would have been possible they would have slept with a pole in their hands by the pond.

Saffi and Ernie learned how to cast.  And did they ever cast.

Fiona tried so hard to keep up but it is just awfully hard to wind up when you have no action in your wrist.

Cassie and Alaire served cookies for dessert down by the pond.

Oh no. Ernie is stuck in the cattails, again.

All smiles this one.  And to end her day she caught the biggest and the first bass.

Comments

Popular Posts