Reds Opening Day

This year we remembered our lunch so we started out on a positive note.  But then I realized I forgot to put the camera in the van.  Shoot!  I just knew someone would get out spot.  We were early enough that Mark drove right to the spot and I unloaded and held down the fort while the boys looked for parking.  Our regular garage went to monthly parking.  Good news...they found a parking lots even closer.  Score!

This parade is always a highlight for me in the spring.  It is a family affair for sure.  But this year Bryce was out of town.  I love baseball.  I don't know much about it.  Can't quote and statistics.  And probably don't know the names of many of the team members.  But I love Cincinnati.  I love Marty.  I  love Great American Ballpark.  I love making a mess with peanut shells.  I love the atmosphere.  And I love a good parade.

 The corner of 7th and Race is the place to be.
 
Mark and Michael trying to keep warm.

Before the parade Michael reads.  Mark watches people.  And I make friends.

There they are my new friends on the right.  Really nice guys.  It was their first parade.  So I filled them in on all the traditions of sitting in our spot.  Right before the parade some guys open the window across the street and throw out dollars taped to their business cards.  I love it...he got the first one!  They had  tickets to the game so they were pumped!  Only problem they were in the middle of the Pirate seats...that's why they didn't have any red on.

You know it is just about time to start when the Budweiser trucks come down the street blaring their horns.

I didn't get any pictures of our budding in the middle.  A really nice Grandma asked if her two grandsons could sit in front of Michael on the curb.  She ended up sitting with them.  They were fun too.  So excited about everything.  They loved my never ending candy bag.  Mark had three little girls that sat with him...on his blanket so their bums wouldn't get cold.  One little girls almost set in his lap.



 Who can tell me who The Nasty Boys are?  Norm Charlton, Rob Dibble, and Randy Myers....all relief pitchers for the Reds in the 90's.
 
This always get me.


The bagpipes.  I love a man that can play a bagpipe


Mr. Red


 Rosie Red
 

Mr. Redlegs

Our favorite, Jim Scott, a famous and very loved Cincinnatian.  Retiring from WLW radio after 56 years.

Another great athlete from Cincinnati, Anthony Munoz.


This is how he spent most of the parade...with hi nose in a book.


A famous Reds player, George Foster.















I have gotten some flack about my hat.  In my defense had the right color for the day and the right state for the Final Four game that night.  Give me a break will ya.





Comments

Popular Posts