So...Here's The Story

Mark drove back to Huntington on his two days off this week, just to check with his dad to see how he was getting along. You just never know what treasures he is going to pull out of his hat. This trip he had divided up all the Christmas tree ornaments and passed them out to all the kids, grandkids, and great grandkids.  He has decided not to put up a tree because we are going to start a new tradition this Christmas...going to Terry and Lisa's house.

When Mark came in just about the first thing he did was hand me a cookie tin.  When I took it I about dropped it...it weighed a ton!  I could not imagine what was in it.  I was secretly hoping it was some peanut butter chocolate fudge.  Then when I opened it I found a note written in Keith's handwriting...

Jan,
These were given to me by my dear Amish friends years ago in Chipocadona. Penn.  The woman's name is Chattery.  The man's name is Will.  The boy is Seth.  The girl in Sybil.

I have loved this little Amish family since I set eyes on the lots and lots of years ago.  They have had a place of honor on the mantle in the family room on Lower Terrace.  The look to be hand painted and are made of lead I think.  I love them.  I'm thinking that by the looks of the haircut on the little boy and they black coverings on the girls...the could be Swartenztruber Amish.  So they will now represent the Andy's.  I love them Sweet Pap.  Thank you!

(AND I don't believe one word of you little Amish story)

Comments

Popular Posts