Indiana Soccer Days

Headed down the Interstate for a big soccer weekend with the grands.
 
But first things first.  Cassie found out last minute about a little burg down the road from her...city wide yard sale!  And I didn't have but $40 in my pocket.  So I must be very selective.  Saw lots of great things.  Had a bowl of beans and cornbread made on site by the Boy Scouts.  Of course I had some!

And my treasures for $1

Then we are off to Alaire's soccer game.








 
After the games the fans make a tunnel and both teams run through.  Great fun!
 
We had a little time between games...just enough to eat at CFL.


Coach Trevor couldn't make it because the youth were going Thrift store Bowling.   So his Asst. Coach did coaching duties.  Love the new bench.
 


We were told before the game that a storm was coming from the west and if any of us saw lightening we were to call out.  The wind began to blow.  The sky got darker and darker.  The air got cooler and you could smell the rain coming.









Game called due to lightening.
 
We made it to a table at Puccini's just about the time the storm hit.  I was surprised that we didn't lose electricity.  It was a gully washer!

Sunday Morning we went to early church.  Trevor preached.  Afterwards I met a really nice man that we share mutual friends...the Roberts family in WI.  The Alaire set up a little eatery while we waited for who know what...I think time to come around to lunch.

Lunch.  Then it was time to pack up and head home. 

Michael had a few nosebleeds over the weekend.  And a pretty good one on the way home.  So he spent the trip back with 'something' stuck up his nose.  He had no idea what I was jamming up there.  He would croak if he knew!

Comments

Popular Posts