Ally-Wammy Day

Mondays are my 'day off'.  A day for cleaning up and getting things done.  Or sometimes a day of rest and relaxation.  I get Doodles on the bus and Cooper off the bus.  But today was a special day.  Ally got to come because she had no school and I had promised her for her birthday day that we would have a day just to ourselves for her gift from me.  She thought that was the greatest thing.  We both have been counting down the days.  She was my first Wammyville graduate.
 
I had told her that we would be cleaning and doing stuff like that.  She said that was okay.  But then she got to thinking about it and asked her mom if she thought I would have her picking up dog poop!  Nope, that is my lovely job.  She got to dust and spray Febreeze everywhere.  And she emptied trash cans.  Then we were off doing errands...the Dollar General, library, recycling, had to drop in on Pappy at work, the Post Office, and then finally to the Cincinnati Nature Center.  According to Ally Pally, she has never been on a hike.  Even though her dad takes her on nature hikes in the woods near their house.
 
But before anything else was done she got to collect eggs...well the egg.

She checked out everything new in the yard.  I think she likes it.
 



She must have told me 500 times that she loved me.  Makes this Wammy's heart happy.


The off to the Nature Center we went.

Selfie at our picnic lunch.

She was in charge of navigation.

Best quarter I ever spent...food for the turtles and the fish.
 




We'd love to know what this is.

Signing a trail journal.
 



Look at the size of that acorn!






Looks like someone is getting tired.
 

A really cool willow tree tunnel.












 
We had a great day!  Thinking this might be a great tradition to start...birthday outings with Wammy.
 

Comments

Popular Posts