We Finished!

Up bright and early for the Thanksgiving Day Race.  It is the second one for Emmy and I and the first for Michael and Mark.  Not to sure about Bryce.  When the kids were in high school we helped out with the race.  It was fun to be on the other side this time.  Walking through downtown  across two different bridges..one to Newport, KY and the other one back to Cincinnati...and past Paul Brown Stadium was a real treat.  We all survived. We didn't break any records, just walking at our own paces and enjoying the 19 degree weather!



This is our happy little racing team before Bryce joined up and way before the race.  Streets were being closed so you had to get there about two hours before the starting gun went off.  A little cold..19 degrees.

There's Bryce who just rolled out of bed.

During the race Michael decided to donate his jacket.  There were piles and piles of jackets, gloves, scarves...items people donated...along the route.  I don't think he didn't feel comfortable with that so he donated his at the very end of the race.

Emmy asked some random lady to take our picture (she knew her as some of the teachers at the kids school).

 



 

 
My goal was first to finish and then hopefully do it under 2 hours.  And yea...we did both.  Only casualty...I have a HUGE blister on the right side, inside of my big toe.  And next year I one want to am taking my camera to get shots!  Or practice a little more with the camera on my phone.
Anyone want to join our team?


 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts