Paddlefest 2012

I have already decided that next year I am going to have a waterproof camera that I will not be afraid to use while sitting in the kayak and that we should try to be the first people on the river at 6:30AM.  Those are my only goals for next years Paddlefest.

We got up this morning at 7:30AM to be three of 2,300 plus boats to paddle from Coney Island to the Public Landing in downtown Cincinnati...8.2 miles (if you paddle in a straight line...I am sure that we probably doubled or maybe even tripled the figure).

The first of many side by side pit stops.


Cassie and her crew in Big Bertha.

The bearded man in the orange vest in Wyatt's grandfather.  Them Emmy cheesing it up.  And Michael got to ride in the big canoe this year with Wyatt's Dad, Eric.


And cool dude looking Waytt evens out our group.

Love this one!

Not even half way.


Ellis got in with me at some point and we tried to catch certain people...it was one way to keep him interested about going down the river.

At the finish line waiting for the other boats.

...and we are all here to tell about it!

Comments

Popular Posts