The Big Backyard Campout...Sorta

I don't know about your family camp out traditions but seems we might have just started one...breakfast at Bob's (Bob Evans) with Pappy before he goes to work.  Crack me up!

This is not my first rodeo...I am a tent camper from way back.  So I know that it is best to put up a tent before it gets hot and sunny.  I had tons of helpers scurring abound with poles and tent stakes. we could not get the tent up fast enough.

Ellis earned a quarter for his beach fund by picking up sticks for our campfire.  The s'more fixin's were ready and waiting.  But Emmy put a damper on all of that because she told us there is a burn ban.  We told them that we could make them in the microwave.  But no way that was going to fly.  Just have to keep all the fixin's until we go to Unity Woods.

One of the things that they insisted we do was to get in the hot tub with the lights on.

Looks like it was a big hit!

And that is her pretty smile.

They would have stayed in all night if the could have.

He must have been having a great dream because he was singing in his sleep on pitch and everything.

This is how I found Alaire when I woke up.  In her sleeping bag in between the mattresses.  Yes, we really rough it when we camp out.

Ellis was the first one up.  So to keep him quiet so I could get a few extra winks I handed him my phone.

Best nights sleep I have had in a long time!

Comments

Popular Posts