The Day Of The Great Bleach Dabacle...X2

....and the day my phone was AWOL for almost an entire day...at least to me it seemed like an entire day.  I can say that it feels worse then when the Internet goes down.  Just in case I might need a quick trip to the ER,  I checked to see what neighbors are home! 

This is how it all went down....Morning going great. Michael, Skyler and Lynlee off to the bus stop, all with smiles.  Mark headed off to a day in the mines...you know like the Seven Dwarfs...hi ho, hi ho.  Yahoos eat a great breakfast and everyone was cooperative and ready to play.  Allyson asks what craft we are going to do today.  (I told you they were craft crazy)  We get busy water coloring snowmen and glittering snow angels.  They finish and get up to play...the girls with the babies in the kitchen and Carter at the sensory table with the Duplos...I text Sarah and put my phone in  the middle of the table that needs to be cleaned up...all seemed busy so I decide to make a mad dash to the 'necessary room'.  Head straight back to the basement and when I hit the last step I can smell it...it almost knocks me down...the smell of bleach.  I almost break my neck on cars and Legos that are scattered across the floor trying to get to the laundry room.  When I round the corner, Doodles see me and freezes for a second and then throws down a what used to be red towel.  She starts talking as fast as she can...'Wammy I clean it up.  I get a towel.'  And at the same time Allyson is saying, 'I didn't do it, she did.  She did it Wammy.'  By this time Carter is in the doorway checking it all out.  I tell everyone to freeze.  Then I notice their clothes.  Oh My Gosh!  Allyson has a nice little bleach hand print on her right thigh and then lets just say they Doodle's black leggings now have very nice bleached out knee patches.  We all head for the bathroom, girls naked and giggling while Carter is upset because he has all of his clothes on.  They are having a party  in the shower and Carter is beside himself.  Let's not forget about the dogs...they decided that they really have to go outside...like right now...they are barking.  Sorry about your luck pups.  I am praying they will hold it.

Okay, all is right with the world, so I think.  We all head back downstairs so we can clean up the table and hang up the new artwork.  Everyone is helping and then I notice no phone. HMMM?  I know it was on the middle of the table when I left.  So I start the great inquisition.  All thru lunch we talk about how things get misplaced and where we might go to look for said things...nothin'.

Before the Big search starts I think I needed to have at least one piece of candy bar pie to give me that like sugar high so I could search really fast.

I put out an SOS on FB for anyone reading my status to please call so we can locate the missing phone.

Once they were all snuggled under the covers and fast asleep I go on a frantic search for my phone.  I backtrack everywhere we have been the entire morning.  Then the search begins...family room...under the couch, in the cushions, on the bookshelf, in the copper pot, in between the quilts in the apple butter kettle, in and around Pappy's chair, maybe in the dog kennels, stuck in the toilet, hiding in the TV cabinet...nothing. On to the hallway, the hall closet, every nook and crannie in the kitchen, again nothing.  Heading for the Kid Cave one more time.

I really didn't realize how many places there are to stash things down there.  I am searching under things, behind things, on top of things, and definitely in things.  Nothing.  Head to the last room to look...the laundry room.  I search the laundry shoot tub, behind the Amish clothes drying rack, in all of Emmy's 900 pieces of clean clothes, in and around Betsy's quilts bags, in the Christmas decorations, in all the quilt fabric boxes and cubbies, on the cutting table, around the sewing machines, in the dryer, in the washer, behind them too, in between the small sewing machines, under the cedar chest and in the trash cans.  I have exhausted everywhere I can possibly look.  I am standing defeated and then I see something.  We  had just folded laundry and had put in the basket ready to come upstairs, nice and neat.  This baskets looked like someone had danced in it.  So I start digging and right between my Marshall hoodie and Michael's black sweats lays my phone...ringer turned off.

At least that turned out well.  I can't say the same for the clothes and towels.

nice little keepsake hand print


 our favorite loungers, as Papaw calls them

new towels aren't so new anymore...we were needing to replace the ratty old rags anyway

Michael's shirt was getting a little small

The good in all of this....no one got hurt by a drop of bleach.  But I can tell you Fun Friday is going to go over like a lead balloon because Ellis, Alaire, Cassie and Carter are going to be the only ones enjoying it.  The rest of us will just have to sit and watch.  Me included because I didn't get the lid back on the bleach tight enough.

All I can say it that we were extremely lucky!


Comments

Jan said…
OMG, what a day. If anyone can handle it, it's you.

Popular Posts