Amish School Benefit Cook-Out

I love going out Rt 32 and finding my way to Tater Ridge and Wheat Ridge Road. I could live out there with the Amish...an English family in the community with the Amish...it has been done before. Today we went for a few reasons...pick up something for Betsy, check out their rabbit hutches and make a contribution to the Amish School Benefit.

Quilt squares on barns..oh yea!  I am going to have to research this one to find out the name of the pattern.

Michael's contribution was about $4.50.  He swears it is the best sauce that he has ever eaten.  He wants me to get the recipe and use it as spaghetti sauce.

I tried the cheesy noodles...Sweet Pap you better watch out...these are pretty serious!  One dollar contribution.

Plain old hot dogs you say...no way.  This is the best sweet and packed with a punch sauce/hot pepper mustard you have ever had in your life!  Mark ate three of them!  I helped on one.  Another three dollar contribution.

You gotta have dessert.  We talked to the little old couple that was manning the ice cream churn.  They were taking it out by the pans fun.

And you can't leave without a bag of Kettle Korn...this years choice BBQ bacon.  Sounds awful but it is really good...I had a sample.

We are always drooling over the Amish furniture, especially the things that are quarter sawn items.  We fell in love with it when we moved back to Cincinnati.  So today I have finally started the research for my dream Amish made kitchen.  I thought I had better start now because it is going to take me about a million years to save up for it.  Here are some of the pictures that I think we can not do with out.  

A five burner gas stove top.  And the little extra 'hot spots' where you can place hot pot and pans.

I would replace this sink with a old country kitchen sink but keep the drawer under it.  Pretty cool...no waste of space the drawer middle is cut out to accommodate the depth of the sink and there is a trough on three sides.

A must when you are cooking for this crew at Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, garden parties.....

I love the dove tailed drawers under where I would put the microwave.  I think I would use then as silverware drawers.

I have no idea what you call this but this drawer lifts straight up.  Maybe space for a spice cabinet.

After all is said and done in the kitchen remodel (which who knows when it will actually take place) if there is any money left over I'd love to put this island somewhere in the kitchen.  On the opposite side there is a "bar" just enough hangover for two bar stools.  

A girl can dream can't she?

You might be wondering why there are no pictures of all the Amish families or the precious little boys and girls in their Amish clothes.....well, since coming to know Andy and Lizzy and talking to them about the Amish way of life, it is really hard for me to photograph them when I know they really don't like or want to be photographed.  I respect that...oh and it is so difficult for me to do.   

Comments

Popular Posts