Pickin' Blueberries

Second year to pick so I guess you could call this an annual even at our house.  Michael and I were the only one to go this year....no one else home.
Rt 131, Milford, OH

The parking lot...I have NEVER seen it so packed.  I felt like a little ant with all the other ants in the ant hill...running around like crazy people trying to find just the perfect bush with the most perfect berries.

Michael was in charge of finding the best bush and quality control.


People come from everywhere to pick berries.  This gentleman came from Indiana.

Sometimes be gives me a breather and picks a few...when my hands cramp up and my knees just won't bend anymore.  I think I must be getting old.


We stood in line longer than it took to pick a bucket of berries...45 minutes.  Once you got to the farthest telephone pole in the pic, you turned left and went about that far again.  I heard the ladies behind me telling others that they had already picked four buckets and the lines were even longer then.

One of the best parts of the day....after all the hard pickin' you get to have an apple cider pop.  Michael lives for these pops.

Pretty darn good blueberry pie

and the muffins aren't too bad either.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The pie and muffins look really, really good.
-Tyler

Popular Posts