On The River Again

This time it is the 'big river rats'. Emmy, Lisa, Michael and I headed for the river before it go too hot. We were still sweating bullets while putting the kayaks on the van. Emmy used Mark's kayak. Lisa used Michael's and Michael and I were in the big kayak. We weren't able to get too many pictures this trip.


For a first timer she looks pretty darn good!  
Emmy is our pro paddler. She wants so bad to learn how to paddle standing up.  She tried and took about three paddles until someone came around the bend in the river and she was afraid they might see her lose her balance.
Michael and I took a little break and pulled off to a beach.  I was hoping this was not an omen.
We were just about to finish when we (I) heard thunder.  Emmy kept saying it was someone getting there boats off their car top.  And then the wind started to pick up and I saw lightening.  I couldn't paddle fast enough.  By the time we drug the boats up the ramp the rain was coming down pretty hard.  Michael was in Survival Mode...catching rainwater for us to drink from the roof of a little shed by the ramp.  It was a great day and we are ready to head out again as soon as the weather breaks.

Comments

Popular Posts