A Strange Noise

After our big day on the river we were starving so Mark went by the butcher and got some steaks to grill. We were enjoying dinner under the pergola when all of a sudden we heard a hissing kind of sound. Mark thought it was the grill about ready to blow up. I knew that I had heard that sound somewhere before.
When I looked up I could almost touch the bottom of the basket.  It was right over the roof top.  I ran into the house (after about running thru the sliding glass door...Michael had locked it so the dog couldn't get out...she is sneaky like that.)  By the time I ran upstairs to get the camera and back down and outside the balloon was crossing over the street behind us.

We talked over the fence with Ms Renee and Luke for awhile. Luke said that Red was on his hind legs dancing around the yard trying to get to the balloon.  Ms Renee thought the dog had gone nuts trying to chase a squirrel that was on the roof.  The we got to reminisce about the first thing we did as neighbors...Balloon Fest at Coney.  About that time I see another balloon...not a close as the first one but close enough.

After we cleaned out the kayaks and got them hung up Michael comes to me and says "come on, Dad is going to take us for a little spin."  I am thinking we are going on a balloon chase so I get on some clothes, grab my shoes and the camera and head out the door.  We searched all the fields around the area that could be used as a landing zone but no luck.  Not to worry the night was not a total loss...we got to go to DQ...I think Mark is practicing for the beach already.

Comments

Popular Posts