The Birthday Boys

Since my Dad was here for the weekend and his birthday (his 80th) is coming up in just a little over a week and Bryce just celebrated his 27th, we decided to have a combined celebration. Emmy was up early fixing her special marinate for the pork chops we got at Findlay Market. She also make homemade sweet potato fries. We had deviled eggs and twice baked potatoes. Emmy also fixed a Tomato, Olive and Mozzarella Salad with Basil Vinaigrette. We even had grilled eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash. My Dad had asked for a yellow cake with lots of milk chocolate icing. He wanted one just like him Mom used to make. Let me just tell you that it was all good. Mark had slim pickings of leftovers for lunch today. Oh, I almost forgot...Michael insisted on making the birthday crowns. Can't have a birthday without a crown...it is not American.



Mark says that my Dad spit me out. Some say that the older I get the more I like my Mom. Others say that I look like my Aunt Dory. I don't know, I think I look just like me.

Comments

The Oakes said…
You look like Dory but you are just like your dad!

** Notice to all of those out there in bloggy land. If you are wanting Mom to make you a quilt she is going to make you whatever she wants to make you..... just ask Peep what he would make you if you asked for a shelf!!
Jan AKA Wammy said…
Hmmm...I guess you and your family won't be getting any quilts in the future, little Miss Smarty Pants. You can send all the ones that you have at your house back because I am sure they are not what you wanted. It is going to be a cold winter out there in no-man's land!
Anonymous said…
THAT SURE IS A GOOD LOOKING MAN STANDING NEXT TO HIS GOOD LOOKING DAUGHTER ---JAN WHY DONT YOU HOOK HIM UP WITH A GOOD WOMAN

Popular Posts